Monday, December 20, 2010

And you will call Him Immanuel - which means "God with us"

The prophet Isaiah said those words some 700+ years before the baby born in Bethlehem named Jesus came and made His home amongst us.  Rabbis have argued that the sign of a child born to a virgin/young maiden in Isaiah 7:4 was not the Messiah. That the baby Isaiah prophesied was not Jesus of Nazareth - born in Bethlehem.  At one point I wanted to believe their instruction.  It seemed too simple. 

Then, when I read the New Covenant in Matthew 1:23 that clearly states, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us" it now became a matter of faith.  In order for me to believe in the Messiah Yeshua, I must take hold of those Old Covenant prophecies He  fulfilled  as stated in the testimony of the New Covenant.  Either, I believe Jesus was the fulfillment of that baby and promised Messiah as written by the incredibly-obedient-unto-death prophet, Isaiah,  and the incredibly-obedient-unto-death apostle, Matthew, or I believe the Rabbis.  The choice was clear and G-d pierced my heart.  It was as simple as 1-2-3 or Matthew 1:23.  Merry Messiahmas

No comments: