Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Christen"

In honor of Christen, who went home to be with the Lord on January 9, 2012.  God holds her life in the palm of His hand.  She believed in His promises through Jesus the Messiah, and a future home in heaven as it is written,  “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” 
Revelation 21:3-4

Her last blog on December 8th shares her faith with us.  


Do you believe in God?  Do you believe that He is good?  He is.  It's not easy to truly believe that He is good.  Life is such a struggle for most of humanity on this planet.  We feel the injustice that our fallen world leaves us to cope with.  It hurts.  Sickness, betrayal, slavery.  It can weigh you down in a second.  Just watch the 10 o'clock news.  I know what little I have suffered/ presently suffer is minimal in this day.  Yet I grow weary of it just the same.  I cannot say that I understand why God doesn't end so many injustices, but I supposed if He did then there wouldn't be common grace that keeps us from being wiped out.

You have to come to a place where you honestly answer the question, 'Is God good?'  After our miscarriage, He asked me if I trusted Him.  That took a few weeks for me to realize.  By His grace, I was able to say, Yes, Lord, I trust you.  You are good.  Even now as I've been battling migraines, vertigo and hearing loss, I know that He is for me.  My healing and my deliverance are from His hand alone.

No comments: