Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

Around my town I am starting to see grocery stores call this time of year Turkey Day. No, realllly!!! Apparently, the very idea of giving thanks might challenge some to wonder why it was good to give thanks on a specific day. Heaven forbid it might lead to believing in a Power greater than self and being thankful to God for provision or harvest. So instead we glorify turkey!  Brilliant.

I want to go on record as giving thanks to my Lord and God not only for one day, but for every day.  May each one of you be thankful and blessed with knowing my very loving and very patient God.


Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His Name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:4-5


No comments: