Saturday, August 10, 2013

His name is the Word of God

Yesterday we learned about the Judge of our last days. We read that God will judge us based on the words of Jesus. Jesus said, "...the one who rejects me and does not accept my words, that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day."  Let's get a little closer look today of that warning.

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.  With justice he judges and makes war.  His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the WORD OF GOD." Revelation 18:11-12

The actual judge of our salvation is the Word of God.  What have you done with the complete counsel of the Word of God?

We are reminded in Isaiah 66:1-2 that this is what the LORD says about what He esteems,

"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.  
Where is the house you will build for me? 
Where will my resting place be?
Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?
This is the one I esteem;
he who is humble and contrite in spirit, 
and trembles at my word."

No comments: