Friday, August 9, 2013

The very word Jesus spoke...

Jesus said, *"I have come into the world as light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him.  For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. "For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.  I know that His command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

Wow!

Jesus spoke and his words were recorded by those who walked with him 2000 years ago.  He warns us that he isn't the judge, but God the Father will judge on the last day.  AND, we are judged by the words Jesus spoke to us.  And He speaks to us today by reading the words of the bible, by hearing of his word in spiritual songs, and by listening to a pastor or priest preach out of the bible.  We are judged at the last day by those words in which we were in front of at some time in our life.  It begs to ask, what have you done or believed with the words you have heard about Jesus?

A passage in the book of Revelation (a recorded document of the last days to come) says;

**"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready..."

Then the angel said to me, "Write Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I [John] fell at his feet to worship him [the angel]. But he said to me, "DO NOT DO IT!! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of JESUS! Worship God! For the testimony of JESUS is the spirit of prophecy."

I can't help but remind you to take hold of the gift of eternal life in Jesus.  Hold to the testimony of who He is and believe that He came to save you from the wrath to come. Believe and be saved.

*John 12:44-50,  **Revelation 19:6-10

No comments: